Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
- Cares a great deal about up-time.
- Is not afraid to architect and write software geared towards improving automation or integrating existing tools.
- Knows how to build and maintain maximum transparency through logging, alerting and monitoring across a distributed system operating at a large scale.
- Has a strong understanding of Apache Mesos, Marathon, Terraform, Ansible, AWS.
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
Waldo approaches developer operations from the standpoint of rigorous automation and reliability.
The ideal candidate not only knows how to effectively deploy and manage existing solutions, but has the ability to architect and write new ones when necessary for integration or custom requirements.
All of our developer operations engineers are software engineers and participate in feature development as well as infrastructure engineering.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
- Production experience with AWS
- Production experience with distributed services architecture
- Production experience with DNS, internal networking, load balancing, failover strategies, canary rollouts
- Production experience with log aggregation and analysis, monitoring and alerting setups.
- Production experience building Business Intelligence pipelines and tooling around data warehousing concerns.
- Production experience with Docker
- Production experience with Apache Mesos and Marathon
- Production experience with Apache Kafka and/or Confluent Platform
- Production experience with Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Consul
Most importantly, you cannot be afraid to learn new things, write code and manage a large system with lots of moving parts.
If you have what it takes, this will be a very rewarding opportunity to manage a state of the art microservices system operating with real-time requirements and high uptime guarantees.
We look forward to meeting you.
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $100,000 - $120,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%
To apply: https://waldo-photos.workable.com/j/E4DB4A3B5B