Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We're seeking an experienced, systems-oriented Account & Client Engagement Manager for The Lean Startup Consulting Program
who will ensure the long term success of our clients.
We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We bring the entrepreneurial spirit to large organizations through cutting-edge education and modern management techniques. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to government agencies and, beyond that, seek to remain relevant and profitable in their industries. Lean Startup methodology provides a scientific approach and framework to innovation so you can learn what your customers really want. It’s about testing your vision continuously, so you can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
This is a contract-based and freelance opportunity with the goal to lead to full-time work by end of 2017. If you have any junior-level sales experience, are organized and a quick learner with high aspirations, we’re open to training you. The position is remote, but we ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate at least a couple of scheduled hours per day during Pacific Time business hours. We are a startup culture and move fast with communications and tasks.
Why Work With Us
- We’re a remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- Quarterly team on-sites in San Francisco or NYC. Some international travel.
- We encourage vacation and prefer you don’t check email while you’re away.
- Our clients are some of the largest companies in the world and you get a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
- The work we do will go down in history as powerfully transformative.
Commitment: This position is part-time contract position to start, and will grow into a full-time employee. Our goal is to find someone excited and motivated by Lean Startup who will grow with us.
1. Manage Client Happiness to ensure your clients’ needs are being fulfilled from their first engagement with us to their last.
- This requires high attention to detail for things such as: client communications, creating consultant contracts, scheduling and conducting meetings, ongoing evaluation of client happiness, overseeing coordination of training materials, etc.
- Operate as the main point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients, while building and maintaining a strong, long-lasting client relationship.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives. Work collaboratively with internal functional teams to ensure the quality and timeliness of projects.
- Ability to write account plans, develop project briefs, and drive successful execution of client goals.
- Forecast and track key account metrics.
- Fulfillment for training clients using Salesforce CRM.
- Create and manage internal and external agreements/contracts and liaise with legal.
2. Grow Accounts whose first engagements have already been sold. Our clients generally seek further support; we call these rebookings or follow-on training.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and growing Lean Startup Company’s strong client relationships. Focus on ensuring client success while looking for opportunities to broaden partnerships. This includes orchestrating new client roll outs, maintaining consistent communication with Key Contacts/Users and strategizing to ensure clients realize the full potential of our product as it relates to their specific business.
- Communicate clearly the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain ongoing revenue and profit projections, resulting in accurate pipeline forecasts throughout the year.
- Perform duties as needed in the sales department, such as scheduling sales calls.
3. Prospecting and Qualifying. Research, administration and support of prospects into our sales pipeline.
4. Special Projects and Operations. We’re a startup, so part of the fun is creating new processes and using your creativity. Collaborate with the team to create and improve existing systems and processes so we are more efficient and effective as a company. From the top-down we all focus on the details needed to get the job done.
- Update systems and standard operating procedures and work on special projects that add value to our client experiences.
You will incorporate the mission of Lean Startup Company into all aspects of the role, such as encouraging our clients to share their Lean Startup learnings and story with our community via blog, podcast or case study.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive problem solver who has the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level for Fortune 50 companies.
- Organized and methodical; systems and process-oriented. In other words, highly, obsessively organized.
- Tech savvy.
- Available to travel 2-3 days approximately once per month
- At least some prior experience in managing and growing multiple accounts while paying close attention to detail.
- Positive attitude – genuinely celebrate the wins, and stay optimistic during difficult situations.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Experience with Box, Google Docs, Gmail.
- Salesforce, Trello and Slack not necessary, but a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Startup methodology, cross-functional teams, and enterprise innovation not necessary, but a plus.
- Available for calls and communications during Pacific Time working hours.
Compensation: DOE (hourly + commission, to start)
To apply: https://lsp.formstack.com/forms/account_client_engagement_manager